samedi 1 mars 2014

René Magritte and I


I think you guessed it, I really like René Magritte's work. I like his incongruous pictures.
In 2008, as I was studying design at ESAAT, in Roubaix, one of our teachers asked us to create our self-portrait after the manner of an artist. That is not a surprise, I chose... René Magritte ! To be more precise, I drew my inspiration from Le double secret.
I also used the red curtain and the clouds, often depicted in Magritte's works. Here is my work. It was really funny to do that. 



Two years later, I was still studying at ESAAT. We had to imagine the scenography of an exhibition. I chose to exhibit Magritte's work. The space was divided in three parts. In the first one, there were canvas where the sea was depicted. In the second, there were paintings impicturing the sea and the sky. This was a transition area. Indeed, in the last room, there were canvas on which the sky was painted, without the sea.
Unfortunately, it was only a plan and it was not made in real life... But it was a new way to discover Magritte's work.




Today, my relationship with the artist is not over ! Indeed, in March, I will start a new internship... at the educational department of Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium : EDUCATEAM. How great it is ! I will work at the « Fin de siècle museum » and also at Magritte's ! There, I will take visitors on guided tours. I am sure this will be a very good experience !


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire